Saturday January 11, 2014, 1 – 4 PM
Three species of bluebird occur annually in Texas, and Eastern Bluebirds will nest in suitable habitats in central Texas if appropriate cavities or nest-boxes are available. Travis Audubon will sponsor a Bluebird Workshop conducted by nationally-known bluebird expert Pauline Tom on Saturday afternoon, 1-4, January 11, 2014.
Pauline is President of the Texas Bluebird Society and has conducted popular workshops on bluebird husbandry in many different parts of the state. She lives in central Texas and is widely regarded as one of the foremost experts on and advocates for bluebirds in the state of Texas. Her workshop on January 11 will cover the following:
· best practices for nestbox installation to attract Eastern Bluebirds;
· gardening for bluebirds
· how to recognize and improve appropriate habitat for Eastern Bluebirds;
· how to interpret bluebird activity outside of the nestbox;
· how to deter predators and alien competitors;
· the process of egg-laying and incubation
· how to "age" nestlings
· recordkeeping / record-sharing with NestWatch,
During the workshop, Pauline will take participants outdoors to view bluebird habitat and man-made nestboxes.
Workshop fee is $15 for TAS members and $20 for non-members. Older teens are welcome and younger with an adult.Free “Texas Nestbox” with $15.00 Texas Bluebird Society membership available at the workshop.
If you have any questions, contact Lynn Hill, email@example.com